Math Topic 11 Test ~ Monday, May 1
Reading QUIZ~Wednesday April 26
Chapters 1-3 of Picture of Hollis Woods
Bible TEST~ Friday April 28 (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and Esther).
Grammar TEST~ Thursday May 4 (Chapter 13; Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions)
Social Studies, Chapter 5 - Part 1 Test ~ Monday, May 8
Math Topic 12 Test ~ Monday, May 15
Book Fair: Week of April 24-28
- Students will begin a class novel study of the book, Pictures of Hollis Woods, this week that will not come to completion until the week of May 12th.
- Students will continue the grammar unit on Adjectives, Adverbs and Conjunctions. The test will be on May 4th.
Optional Cursive Writing Printable Practice:
(Click on the below links)
- This week students will continue learning in a chapter on Adjectives, adverbs and conjunctions. This week will continue focus on distinguishing between adjectives (words that describe nouns) and adverbs (words that describe verbs).
IXL for optional review
Especially: U.1; Adjectives and V.1 Adverbs
III.1 Transition Words (Found in 4th Grade skills)
H.1,2,3 Possessive Nouns
G.1,2,3,4 Plural nouns
F.1 Identifying nouns and abstract nouns
F.2 Common and Proper Nouns
A.1 Sentence types
D.1 Sentences and Fragments
C.1 Identify complete subject and predicate
C.2 Identify the simple subject and predicate
Z.1 Identify prepositions
Z.2 Identify prepositions and their objects
Z.3 Identify prepositional phrases
Z.4 Review Prepositions
| SOCIAL STUDIES
- Life After the Revolution
- The Constitutional Convention
- George Washington
- John Adams
- Thomas Jefferson
- James Madison
- James Monroe
- Students will take a break from our traditional vocabulary lessons and quizzes to focus on vocabulary that will come straight from their reading text, Pictures of Hollis Woods.
- Students will use their workbooks, both in class and as homework, to complete exercises that will help them to learn and reinforce the new vocabulary.
- This week, we will praise God for His Victory. We'll see how God is victorious through the story of Esther.
Memory Verse: 2 Timothy 4:7-8
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness which the lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing."
(due Friday April 28th)
Playground Equipment: soccer ball, volley ball, football
Indoor Recess Games: Jenga, Connect Four...
|Eagles' Wings Ministry|
Meet in Building B by 8:00am
2. Jack N.
| Morning Carpool|
Meet in Building A by 8:10am
| Afternoon Carpool|
2. Jack G.
| Afternoon Carpool|
| Kindergarten |
Meet in Building E by 8:10am